Thursday, May 6, 2010

Everybody Needs A Little Help Sometimes...

The other morning after breakfast I was doing Pre-K work with my daughter at the kitchen table.  My son was watching Cars (his favorite movie) and playing with blocks.  All of a sudden I heard a muffled cry and went into the family room to find my son like this...evidently he thought it would be fun to put the block container on his head, but it got stuck in too awkward of a position for him to get it off by himself!


It only took me a second to pull it off, but I snapped a photo first because it was such a picture of us sometimes.  We are innocently living our lives when we try something we probably shouldn't, and before we know it we are stuck.  We need some help before a small problem turns into something dangerous, but unlike my little boy, sometimes we don't cry out for it.  We keep secrets and bottle up feelings, and don't share the fear we are facing as we become overwhelmed by situations we didn't see coming when we first made that small choice to try something we shouldn't have.

As soon as I heard my son cry, I went to see what was wrong.  I immediately helped fix the situation, comforted him, and then warned him not to do that again because it could be dangerous.  I both helped and warned him because I LOVE HIM.

Sweet girl, God loves you.  And so do people in your life who care for your well being, such as your parents, teachers, youth group leaders, etc.  If you find yourself stuck, don't remain silent.  Ask for the help you need to be set free.  Don't live in bondage because you were afraid to ask.

Remember, everybody needs a little help sometimes.

Lovingly, Jennifer

"Listen to advice and accept instruction, and in the end you will be wise."   Proverbs 19:20, The Bible

No comments: