Saturday, May 1, 2010

You Are Loved, You Are Accepted...

I've lived and listened and learned long enough now to know that behind every tough exterior, every can't hurt me attitude, every underachiever, every overachiever, every pretty smile, every perfect makeup job, and every heart and soul lies a deep rooted need for love and acceptance.

It doesn't matter if she drives the prettiest car from the prettiest house and family in town, or if she walks in an old pair of shoes from a run down shack that makes her ashamed, every girl I've encountered desires love and acceptance.

These needs are genuine, legitimate, and universal.  You need love and acceptance, and so do I.  

Sadly, many girls I encounter haven't found it yet, and continue their search down paths that bring them anything but the wholeness they are looking for.  Many have been so broken down they no longer think it is to be found.  For some girls, this hopelessness is written all over their faces; for others, it is carefully hidden behind MAC foundation and lipgloss.  

If you, my dear girl, are in the many who feel like every time you thought you'd found love and acceptance you were hurt and disillusioned, I have good news for you....

You are loved.  You are accepted.  Maybe not by everyone in your life by whom you wish you were, but by the ONE THAT MATTERS MOST.  

Jesus.

"This is how we know what love is; Jesus Christ laid down his life for us."  I John 3:16a

And I pray that you, being rooted and established in love, may have power, together with all the saints, to grasp how wide and long and high and deep is the love of Christ, and to know this love that surpasses knowledge—that you may be filled to the measure of all the fullness of God."  Ephesians 3:17b-19

My heart tonight longs for the broken and hurting to know they can be whole and restored by the love of Jesus.  My desire is that those who feel like outcasts or strangers can find acceptance in this love.

My prayer is that with me, you could understand and sing the lyrics "I'm forgiven, because You were forsaken.  I'm accepted - You were condemned.  I'm alive and well, Your spirit lives within me, because You died and rose again.  Amazing love, how can it be?  That you my King would die for me.  Amazing love, I know it's true. And it's my joy to honor you, in all I do, I honor you." (Billy J. Foote)


Sleep well tonight, Genuine Girl, knowing no matter what today held you are truly loved and accepted.  Dream sweet as you rest in this gentle truth.



No comments: